Is your back pain impacting your quality of life?
Lower back pain can have many impacts on your life. It can stop you from doing the things you love, affect your sleep, and other things. This can cause stress and strain to your finances, emotions, and even lifestyle.
If you have searched online, watched Youtube, Google searched, or read several blogs about quick fixing, you may have found a lot of advice and therapies. It can be confusing; there is a lot of information out there, and it is hard to know what to do.
So first, we need to know some facts before we move on.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT LOWER BACK PAIN
- Lower back pain is the number one cause and cost of work-related disability.
- Lower back pain causes significant levels of anxiety, pain, and discomfort and can be linked to psychological depression.
- 60% to 90% of adults experience back pain at some point in their lives.
- Lower back pain can be a complex issue due to the structures surrounding it (pelvis, sacrum, hip, thorax, abdomen) which can be a source of the pain.
- Most of the cases of lower back pain can be harmless and conservative approaches are recommended.
How can we assist you with your back pain?
Several studies have shown that manual treatment can be beneficial; soft tissue techniques, exercise rehab, spinal mobilisation and spinal manipulations can help you with your lower back pain.
A comprehensive assessment, completed by an Osteopath or a Physio, will help you to understand the contributing factors of your pain. We will address each of these factors with an individual management plan. The plan will be tailored to your specific needs, with strategies such as manual therapies, education programs, and exercises to assist you in overcoming the problem.
Written by Dr. Wei ‘David’ Tai (Osteopath)